1. What is the first step in getting my remodeling project started?
Let’s talk! Give us a call or send us an email and let’s get together to discuss what you have in mind. We’ve been doing this a long time and we have a ton of experience and ideas, but it’s always fun to hear new ideas. We’re in the business of turning your dreams into reality.
2. Where does Hjellming Construction work?
We are a licensed contractor in South Dakota and will take projects within 100 miles of Sioux Falls, depending on the project.
3. Who will manage my project? Will they be available to answer my questions? Will they be on the job site regularly?
Hjellming Construction employs their own carpenters and craftsmen. You will have an assigned project manager. Our management team regularly visits our project sites. We are available around the clock to answer your questions.
4. Does Hjellming Construction offer financing?
Unfortunately we do not, however if you do not have a relationship with a banker or banking institution we can provide recommendations that are familiar with our company and past clients.
5. I have a budget and I need to stay within that budget. Can Hjellming Construction work within my budget?
Maybe. It depends upon what your budget is. We should be able to tell you if we can work within your budget, and whether your budgetary expectations are reasonable or not. Once we set your budget and prepare a labor proposal, we keep to the price we quote you. And, because our team is knowledgeable about the products you need, we’ll be able to show you materials that should keep you within your budget. If we foresee a change in costs or if unexpected challenges arise we will bring them to your attention.
6. Once I sign a contract, how long will it take to begin work?
The process begins immediately with the ordering of materials, the initial planning, and pulling of permits.
7. How can I prepare my home for the project?
It depends on the scope of your project. We suggest that anything of value be removed from the project site. Rest assured we will advise and assist you in preparing your home prior to work starting.
8. Can I live in my home during renovation?
Depends on the size of the project and your tolerance level. We’ll talk through it, but in most cases our clients are able to remain in their home. Keep in mind you will likely experience some level of inconvenience including dust, noise, loss of certain amenities and stress at seeing certain phases of the project.
9. What measures will be taken to protect my home from dust and debris that result from construction?
We make every effort to keep the mess to a minimum, but some level of disruption is unavoidable. We pride ourselves on making sure everything is returned to normal at completion of the project and the job site is professionally cleaned up.
10. Do you have lots available if I am building a new home?
We do not have a land development division, but we can recommend local professionals that have worked with us and our clients.
11. Does Hjellming Construction build spec homes?
Not at this time. We specialize in remodeling existing homes and building new homes all to the specific needs and dreams of each of our clients.
© Hjellming Construction | 605.339.0424 | email@example.com | 27081 Mueller Place, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Powered by Complete Media, Inc.
Hjellming Construction is a family based Sioux Falls home construction company specializing in new home design and building, Sioux Falls home remodeling projects and commercial projects.